- The Future is Hybrid: A majority of participants believe there will be an increase in hybrid work, wherein employees will spend part of the week working in the office and the other part working remotely, whether in their home or in a third location.
- 100% Remote will be Rare: While some companies are considering allowing employees to work completely remote for as long as they would like, this model will likely be an exception.
- Building Flexibility: Office tenants will want flexible office offerings to expand space on-demand. Additionally, tenants will value more flexible, communal space, as needed.
- Layout Changes: The expectation is for expanded communal space such as conference rooms of various sizes, huddle rooms and social areas for people to congregate—cafés, hospitality-style sitting areas, village greens and more.
- Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) Influencing Choice: Workers will potentially worry that their colleagues in the office are having a better experience and that they—remote workers— are “missing things and their career is suffering because of it.” (Source:C&W-Jan 2020)
#digicom #futureofwork #workplace