GDPR | Is your Credit Union prepared?
The General Data Protection Regulation deadline is fast approaching! The GDPR is intended to harmonise existing Data Protection laws across the EU. Firstly it will strengthen the rights of citizens around the use of their personal data. It will also increase the responsibility on data processors and controllers when undertaking the lawful processing of personal data of EU citizens.
Article 5 of the GDPR outlines Six Principles which set out the responsibilities relating to the processing of personal data:
- Process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collect for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Retained only for as long as necessary
- Processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security
Make your Print System GDPR Compliant
The foundation of a GDPR compliant system is a well designed and secure information system. An unsecure print system can leave your organisation vulnerable for two reasons: it is a point of entry for an attacker, and printed documents themselves can be a source of data loss.
Below are 5 practical steps you should take to have your printing system comply with GDPR requirements:
- Secure your print system
- Stop unwanted printouts with Secure Print Release
- Implement policies to protect printed documents
- Support a Data Subject’s Right to Access their information
- Support a Data Subject’s Right to be Forgotten
Talk to us in Killarney on 28 & 29 April
Meet our Digicom team at the Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU) Annual General Meeting on 28th and 29th April in the INEC, Killarney.
We’ll be happy to discuss your specific requirements and advise on the best options for your Credit Union.
John Small, Dubs team senior GAA footballer and one of our Print Solutions advisers, will also be on hands to answer your questions.
In the meantime, feel free to contact us!