We are a Business to Business supplier of integrated Audio-Visual systems, as well as Print and
Document Management Solutions. Digicom Office Technology Ltd. are one of Irelands top Audio
Visual Integrators and are searching for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join their
Digicom provide Audio Visual solutions for customers including fitout of office spaces with
Audio Visual Equipment ranging from small meeting rooms to large boardrooms / conference rooms
and full office fit outs for customers.
We specialise in Video Conferencing and Telepresence Systems, Audio Conferencing, LCD and
Projector Presentation Systems, Digital Signage, Lighting Control, Room Control, Video and audio
Over Ethernet Cable, TV Signal and IP TV, Cable Management, Video Recording and streaming
Our Service Engineers are motivated to provide a high-quality service to our clients. In addition to
ensuring our clients systems are operating at their best, a key requirement is our technicians’
personal skills, working with clients both onsite and remotely to resolve hardware and software issue,
developing the relationship, understanding their issues and providing the right level of response.
Being the face of Digicom on a day to day basis with our customers requires the right personality as
well as the required technical skills and experience.
To fulfil this role, you will already have a strong working knowledge and understanding of the AV
industry and associated technologies and their associated software, you will have excellent product
knowledge including Crestron, Q-SYS, Biamp, Cisco, Polycom, Zoom rooms, etc.
You will understand Networks and product / system integration. Have the ability to root cause
problems and resolve issues whilst at the same time being flexible working to client requirements and
As this position is in Field Service, transport is provided so a full clean driving licence is a pre-requisite.
Outline of Responsibilities:
• On-site and remote maintenance and repair of Audio-Visual systems
• Test integrated systems and perform troubleshooting when needed
• Test, and troubleshoot DSP systems
• Liaise with manufacturers technical engineers to resolve technical issues
• Fine tune audio video systems to ensure optimal performance
• Maintaining effective & courteous communication with all departments and customers.
• Managing parts car stock and updating Digicom warehouse stock levels including quarterly
car stock and in-house parts stock take.
• Maintaining excellent Customer relationships at all times.
• Ability to travel to various job sites required
• To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate appropriate qualification,
training and experience.
• Other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional
and timely manner
• Experience with remote access programmes
• Understanding of networks including VPN configuration
• Ability to diagnose complex system problems
• Knowledge of Advanced signal flow for audio, video and control
• Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
• Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum 2 years of AV service experience
• Industry recognised qualifications Crestron, QSYS, Biamp, Poly preferred
• Minimum of a Leaving Certificate or equivalent preferred
• Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
• Valid, clean, Driver’s Licence
Salary is commensurate with experience. On-going training and development is provided.
Working hours are typically office hours but some flexibility is required as we work to client
requirements and deadlines and support some out of hours customer webinar events